WAC 182-514-0270 Involuntary commitment to Eastern or Western State Hospital.
Effective February 29, 2016.
- A person who is involuntarily committed to Eastern or Western State Hospital under chapter 71.34 RCW is eligible for categorically needy (CN) coverage if the person:
- Is under age twenty-one;
- Meets institutional status under WAC 182-513-1320; and
- Has countable income below:
- Two hundred ten percent of the federal poverty level if under age nineteen; or
- One hundred thirty-three percent of the federal poverty level if age nineteen or twenty.
- A person who is involuntarily committed or receives MAGI-based long-term care coverage at Eastern or Western State Hospital in the month of the person's twenty-first birthday and receives active inpatient psychiatric treatment that will likely continue through the person's twenty-first birthday, is eligible for CN coverage until:
- The facility discharges the person; or
- The end of the month in which the person turns twenty-two, whichever occurs first.