WAC 182-511-1100 Health care for workers with disabilities (HWD) -- Retroactive coverage.
Effective July 30, 2015
This section describes requirements for retroactive coverage provided under the health care for workers with disabilities (HWD) program.
- Retroactive coverage refers to the period of up to three months before the month in which a person applies for the HWD program. The medicaid agency cannot approve HWD coverage for a month that precedes January 1, 2002.
- To qualify for retroactive coverage under the HWD program, a person must first:
- Meet all program requirements described in WAC 182-511-1050 for each month of the retroactive period; and
- Pay the premium amount for each month requested within one hundred twenty days of being billed for such coverage.
- If a person does not pay premiums in full as described in subsection (2)(b) for all months requested in the retroactive period, the agency denies retroactive coverage and refunds any payment received for those months.