WAC 182-511-1000 Health care for workers with disabilities (HWD) -- Program description.
Effective July 30, 2015
This section describes the healthcare for workers with disabilities (HWD) program.
- The HWD program provides categorically needy (CN) scope of care as described in WAC 182-501-0060.
- The medicaid agency approves HWD coverage for twelve months effective the first of the month in which a person applies and meets program requirements. See WAC 182-511-1100 for "retroactive" coverage for months before the month of application.
- A person who is eligible for another Medicaid program may choose not to participate in the HWD program.
- A person is not eligible for HWD coverage for a month in which the person received Medicaid benefits under the medically needy (MN) program.
- The HWD program does not provide long-term care (LTC) services described in chapters 182-513 and 182-515 WAC. LTC services include institutional, waivered, and hospice services. To receive LTC services, a person must qualify and participate in the cost of care according to the rules of those programs.