WAC 182-509-0345 MAGI income -- Income from employment and training programs.
Effective January 9, 2014.
For purposes of determining eligibility for modified adjusted gross income (MAGI)–based Washington apple health (WAH) (see WAC 182-509-0300):
- The agency excludes income received from the following programs:
- Payments issued under the Workforce Investment Act (WIA);
- Payments issued under the National and Community Service Trust Act of 1993. This includes payments made through the AmeriCorps program;
- Payments issued under Title I of the Domestic Volunteer Act of 1973, such as VISTA, AmeriCorps VISTA, University Year for Action, and Urban Crime Prevention Program; and
- All payments issued under Title II of the Domestic Volunteer Act of 1973. These include:
- Retired senior volunteer program (RSVP);
- Foster grandparents program; and
- Senior companion program.
- The agency counts training allowances from vocational and rehabilitative programs as earned income when:
- The program is recognized by federal, state, or local governments;
- The allowance is not a reimbursement; and
- The person is required to file a U.S. tax return and the IRS considers the income to be taxable.