WAC 182-509-0325 MAGI income -- Unearned income.
Effective January 9, 2014.
For purposes of determining eligibility for modified adjusted gross income (MAGI)–based Washington apple health (WAH) (see WAC 182-509-0300):
- Unearned income is income received from a source other than employment or self-employment. Examples of unearned income include, but are not limited to:
- Tier 1 Railroad Retirement;
- Unemployment compensation, except as described in WAC 182-509-0320;
- Title II Social Security benefits (including retirement benefits, disability benefits, and benefits for survivors);
- Rental income;
- Pensions, IRAs, military retirement and annuity payments, except as described in WAC 182-509-0320;
- Dividend payments from stocks or shares held in companies; and
- Per capita distributions from gaming made by a tribe (see WAC 182-509-0340).
- When the unearned income must be counted, the agency counts the gross amount before any taxes or premiums are taken out.
- See WAC 182-509-0320 for examples of unearned income that are not counted.