WAC 182-503-0070 Washington apple health (WAH)-- When coverage begins.
Effective August 29, 2014.
- Your Washington apple health (WAH) coverage starts on the first day of the month you applied for and we decided you are eligible to receive coverage, unless one of the exceptions in subsection (4) of this section applies to you.
- Sometimes we can start your coverage up to three months before the month you applied (see WAC 182-504-0005).
- If you are confined or incarcerated as described in WAC 182-503-0010, your coverage cannot start before the day you are discharged, except when:
- You are hospitalized during your confinement; and
- The hospital requires you to stay overnight.
- Your WAH coverage may not begin on the first day of the month if:
- Subsection (3) of this section applies to you. In that case, your coverage would start on the first day of your hospital stay;
- You must meet a medically needy spenddown liability (see WAC 182-519-0110). In that case, your coverage would start on the day your spenddown is met; or
- You are eligible under the WAH alien emergency medical program (see WAC 182-507-0115). In that case, your coverage would start on the day your emergent hospital stay begins.
- For long-term care, the date your services start is described in WAC 388-106-0045.