WAC 182-540-065 Kidney disease program (KDP)—Reimbursement
Effective July 1, 2011
- The agency reimburses KDP contractors:
- Within the limits of legislative funding for the program;
- According to the terms of each kidney center's contract with the agency; and
- According to the provisions of the KDP manual.
- The KDP contractor must submit the following documentation to the agency's KDP program manager within the time limits specified within the KDP contract:
- A description of the services for which reimbursement is requested; and
- The person's approved KDP application if the application had not previously been provided to the KDP program manager.
- A KDP client is not liable and must not be billed for charges incurred under KDP due to the failure of the KDP contractor to bill the agency within the time limits specified in the contract.
- The agency limits KDP reimbursement for out-of-state services to fourteen days per calendar year. Reimbursement is paid only to KDP contractors. Out-of-state dialysis providers must operate under subcontract or agreement with an in-state KDP contractor in order to receive reimbursement under this program.