WAC 182-540-045 Kidney disease program (KDP) contractor requirements
Effective January 1, 2014
- The kidney disease program (KDP) contractor must:
- Be a medicare-certified end-stage renal disease (ESRD) facility; and
- Have a valid KDP client services contract with the agency.
- The KDP contractor must provide, directly or through an affiliate:
- Professional consultation, personal instructions, medical treatment and care, drug products and all supplies necessary for carrying out a medically sound end-stage renal disease (ESRD) treatment program;
- Dialysis for clients with ESRD when medically indicated;
- Coordination of care with a kidney transplant center;
- Treatment for conditions directly related to ESRD such as anemia, vascular, or peritoneal access care; and
- Supplies and equipment for home dialysis.
- The provider must maintain adequate records for audit and review purposes, including:
- The contractor must meet other obligations as required by its contract with the KDP program.