WAC 182-540-026 Kidney disease program (KDP)—Application and recertification requirements—Client
Effective January 1, 2014
- An applicant for KDP must:
- Complete the KDP application form and submit any necessary documentation to the KDP contractor in order to make an eligibility determination;
- Do one of the following:
- Provide application documentation from the department of social and health services (DSHS) or the Washington Healthplanfinder verifying that the applicant applied for Washington apple health (WAH) within the six-month period prior to the month of application for KDP, and that the application for WAH was denied due to an eligibility requirement and not because the person failed to complete the application process; or
- Submit an application for WAH to DSHS and/or via the Washington Healthplanfinder, as applicable, and provide the KDP contractor with a copy of the application documentation when an eligibility determination has been made; and
- Apply for medicare within thirty calendar days of applying for KDP and provide written proof from the Social Security Administration that the application was approved or denied. A copy of the proof must be kept in the person's record.
- At the end of the KDP certification period, a person may reapply for continued KDP eligibility. To complete the recertification, the client must:
- Complete a new KDP application no later than thirty calendar days beyond the end of the original certification period and submit any documentation necessary to determine eligibility to the KDP contractor; and
- Submit a new application for WAH and provide a copy to the KDP contractor.
- A person who fails to follow through with the required application or recertification processes or fails to provide requested verifications within the time limits requested by the KDP contractor is not eligible for KDP funding and the application will be denied.