WAC 182-532-533 Family planning only program—Other covered services
Effective September 1, 2013
Other family planning only services covered for women may include all the following:
(1) An office visit directly related to a family planning problem, when medically necessary.
(2) Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved prescription and nonprescription contraceptive methods, as identified in chapter 182-530 WAC.
(3) Over-the-counter (OTC) family planning drugs, devices, and drug-related supplies, as described in chapter 182-530 WAC.
(4) Sterilization procedures that meet the requirements of WAC 182-531-1550 if requested by the client and performed in an appropriate setting for the procedures.
(5) Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STI), including lab tests and procedures, only when the screening and treatment are:
(a) For chlamydia and gonorrhea as part of the comprehensive prevention visit for family planning for women ages thirteen through twenty-five; or
(b) Part of an office visit that has a primary focus and diagnosis of family planning, and is medically necessary for the client's safe and effective use of her chosen contraceptive method.
(6) Education and supplies for FDA-approved contraceptives, natural family planning, and abstinence.