WAC 182-532-120 Reproductive health—Covered yearly exams for women
Effective September 1, 2013
- Along with services listed in WAC 182-531-0100, the medicaid agency covers one of the following yearly exams per client per year:
- A cervical, vaginal, and breast cancer screening exam; or
- A comprehensive prevention visit for family planning. (Under a delayed pelvic protocol, the comprehensive prevention visit for family planning may be split into two visits, per client, per year.)
- The cervical, vaginal, and breast cancer screening examination:
- Must follow the guidelines of a nationally recognized protocol; and
- May be billed by a provider other than a TAKE CHARGE provider.
- The comprehensive prevention visit for family planning:
- Must be provided by one or more qualified TAKE CHARGE providers. (See WAC 182-532-730.)
- Must include:
- A clinical breast examination and pelvic examination that follows the guidelines of a nationally recognized protocol; and
- Client-centered counseling that incorporates risk factor reduction for unintended pregnancy and anticipatory guidance about the advantages and disadvantages of all contraceptive methods.
- May include a pap smear according to current, nationally recognized clinical guidelines.
- Must be documented in the client's chart with detailed information that allows for a well-informed follow-up visit.
- Must be billed by a TAKE CHARGE provider only.