WAC 182-511-1000 Health care for workers with disabilities (HWD) -- Program description.
Effective January 1, 2020
This section describes the apple health for workers with disabilities (HWD) program.
- The HWD program provides categorically needy (CN) scope of care as described in WAC 182-501-0060.
- The HWD program also provides long-term services and supports described in chapters 182-513 and 182-515 WAC for a client who meets the functional requirements for those programs, are approved for those services, and choose to enroll in HWD.
- The medicaid agency approves HWD coverage for twelve months effective the first of the month in which a person applies and meets program requirements. See WAC 182-511-1100 for retroactive coverage for months before the month of application.
- A person who is eligible for another medicaid program may choose not to participate in the HWD program.
- A person is not eligible for HWD coverage for a month in which the person received benefits under the medically needy (MN) program.