Local Health Jurisdictions
On this page
Local Health Jurisdictions are eligible for partial reimbursement for the time their staff spend performing Medicaid administrative activities.
Eligible activities include:
- Assisting individuals in applying for or renewing Medicaid to provide information.
- Explaining the Medicaid program and covered services.
- Assisting individuals in accessing Medicaid covered services.
Staff participate in a quarterly Random Moment Time Study to determine the amount of time they spend performing Medicaid administrative activities. The Washington State Association of Local Public Health Officials operates the web-based time study. The association is available to provide system related technical assistance.
The Health Care Authority manages the Local Health Jurisdiction Medicaid Administrative Claiming Program and is responsible for oversight and monitoring of the program. The Health Care Authority is available to provide program assistance as needed.
- Consortium list (effective January 2017)
- MAC Program Coordinator Manual
- Access URMTS for the user guide
- RMTS Coordinator Training
- Fiscal Coordinator Training
- New Participant Training
- New Participant Training for SPMP
HCA hosts statewide Local Health Jurisdiction (LHJ) coordinator calls on a regular schedule, generally monthly. These calls are used to provide program updates and discuss important topics.
- ProviderOne client eligibility (RAC) effective January 1, 2015 - October 1, 2015
- Certificate of Indirect Costs
- Annual Medicaid Eligibility Rate Proposal
- New Job Classifications Assessment Tool
- Certified Public Expenditures (CPE) Local Match Certification
Medicaid Administrative Claiming
P.O. Box 45530
Olympia, WA 98504-5530
Washington State Association of Local Public Health Officials
Managing director public and environmental health
Hansine Fisher and Associates
Random Moment Time Study vendor