Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about HCA's customer service options during the pandemic.
Behavioral health and recovery
Apple Health clients have access to behavioral health services (mental health and substance use disorder treatment), including crisis services, short-term mental health treatment, and inpatient psychiatric services.
All behavioral health services are covered by:
- Apple Health managed care plans, or
- Apple Health Behavioral Health Services Only, or
- Apple Health coverage without a managed care plan (also known as fee-for-service).
SSB 5779 passed in the 2017 legislative session. The purpose of SSB 5779 is to promote efforts towards bidirectional behavioral health and primary care integration. One component of this bill requires the Health Care Authority to review payment codes related to primary care and behavioral health, create, and publish a matrix.
The project has been divided into three phases of code matrix creation. The intention of the matrix is to provide information to providers for successful reimbursement. Each matrix will be posted on the website as they are completed. A proposed implementation plan will be developed by the end of 2017. Please note that there are no changes in coding procedures at this time.
- Stakeholder letter (Phase 2)
- Health and behavior codes assessment (Matrix - Phase 2)
- Collaborative Care Model (Matrix - Phase 3) - located on pages 60 - 68
- Maternal and Youth Depression Screening Tools (Matrix - Phase 4)
- Developmental, caregiver/maternal depression, and youth depression screening tools - located on pages 38 - 39
- Phase 4 screening tool part II
- 5779 stakeholder meeting (slide presentation) (12-6-17)
- 5779 stakeholder meeting summary (12-6-2017)
- 5779 meeting FAQs (12-6-2017)
- Bidirectional BHI meeting (slide presentation) (7-13-2018)
- Health and Behavior Codes (Matrix 1) Effective January 1, 2019