Request a laptop for telehealth (during the COVID-19 pandemic)
The Health Care Authority (HCA) has a limited number of laptops available for providers who do not have the financial resources to offer telehealth services to Apple Health clients.
Laptop request deadline coming in June: Providers have until the evening of Monday, June 15 to request a laptop.
On this page
HCA has a limited number of laptops for use with the Zoom teleconferencing software.
These laptops are available to providers only during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will notify providers who receive laptops when a return date is determined.
Important: HCA will review and approve laptop distribution. Submitting an application does not guarantee you will receive a laptop.
Medical providers, behavioral health providers, and recovery based-organizations who do not have access to a laptop (or the resources to obtain one) for the purposes of offering their services through telehealth.
Type of laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad
Laptops are the Lenovo 14-inch IdeaPad S340-14IWL. They have the following specifications:
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home
- Processor: Intel ® Pentium ® CPU 5405U @ 2.30 GHZ
- Installed memory: 4.00 GB (3.82 GB usable)
- Hard drive: 128G
- System type: 64-bit operating system, x64 based processor
- Pen and touch: no pen or touch input available for this display
To request a laptop, you must complete the online application.
The application has two parts:
- Attestation. You must attest that you meet all three of these criteria to complete the application.
- You do not own or have the ability to obtain a laptop to serve clients via telehealth methods without help.
- You have internet access onsite with the minimum bandwidth requirement to effectively work remotely.
- You understand you are responsible for the laptop and will be required to return it to the Health Care Authority at a future date.
- You are either self-employed and validate the effectiveness of your own remote work, or your employer endorses your remote work as effective and can provide validation.
No. You'll need a Zoom license to proceed. If you do not have a license, HCA has a limited number available by request.
Once you submit your application to HCA:
- We will review your application.
- We will notify you via email whether your application was accepted or denied.
- If your application was accepted, we will ship the laptop via FedEx to the address you checked as the "mail to" address on the application.
Please ensure that you are able to use the laptop or have access to IT support through your employer. HCA is unable to offer technical support for these laptops.
We have not yet set a return date. Once we determine a date, we will contact you via email and coordinate the return.
Upon taking possession of a laptop to be used in conjunction with Zoom licenses, You are agreeing to be bound by all of the terms and conditions of this Disclaimer and are solely responsible for Your use in connection with the provision of care, including all applicable federal and state healthcare standards.
Neither the State of Washington, nor any agency, officer, or employee of the State of Washington warrants the reliability of this laptop or its suitability for any particular purpose. We do not make any warranty that the laptop will meet your requirements, or that its use will be uninterrupted, timely, error-free, or that defects, if any, will be corrected.
Neither the State of Washington, nor any agency, officer, or employee of the State of Washington shall be held liable for any losses caused by reliance on the accuracy or reliability of the laptop or its suitability for any particular purpose.