Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about your customer service options.
Substance use treatment
The Health Care Authority (HCA) provides funding and oversight for substance use treatment services for people enrolled in Apple Health (Medicaid).
On this page
- Alcohol use treatment
- Involuntary treatment
- Medications for opioid use disorder (MOUD)
- Opioid use treatment
Drug and alcohol treatment services are covered by:
- Behavioral health organizations (BHOs)
- Apple Health fee-for-service (FFS) program
To learn more about becoming a provider, visit our Become a behavioral health provider page.
For an in-depth listing of resources, visit our Contractor and provider resources page.
- Alcohol: Know the facts — What is a standard drink? (waiting area poster)
- Alcohol screening and brief intervention: a guide for public health practitioners (SAMHSA)
- Medications for opioid use disorder
- Paying for Primary Care Services: Substance user disorder setting and the MAT billing process
- Pregnant women substance use disorder (SUD) resource guide
- Recovery means healthy families (waiting area poster)
- SBIRT: screening, brief interventions, and referral to treatment
- Training and toolkits for opioid misuse and overdose prevention (stopoverdose.org)
- Treatment for adolescent substance use disorders (SUD)