Substance use treatment
The Health Care Authority (HCA) provides funding and oversight for substance use treatment services for people enrolled in Apple Health (Medicaid).
On this page
- Alcohol use treatment
- Involuntary treatment
- Medication assisted treatment (MAT)
- Opioid use treatment
Drug and alcohol treatment services are covered by:
- Behavioral health organizations (BHOs)
- Apple Health fee-for-service (FFS) program
To learn more about becoming a provider, visit our Become a behavioral health provider page.
For an in-depth listing of resources, visit our Contractor and provider resources page.
- Alcohol: Know the facts — What is a standard drink? (waiting area poster)
- Alcohol screening and brief intervention: a guide for public health practitioners (SAMHSA)
- Medication assisted treatment
- Pregnant women substance use disorder (SUD) resource guide
- Recovery means healthy families (waiting area poster)
- SBIRT: screening, brief interventions, and referral to treatment
- Training and toolkits for opioid misuse and overdose prevention (stopoverdose.org)
- Treatment for adolescent substance use disorders (SUD)