According to the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), "the word psychosis is used to describe conditions that affect the mind, where there has been some loss of contact with reality." Psychotic disorders rarely emerge suddenly. Most often, the symptoms evolve and become gradually worse over a period of months or even years.
- National Institute of Mental Health (RAISE, OnTrack NY, and NAVIGATE program manuals)
- Center for Practice Innovations’ (CPI’s) consumer and family portal (videos, brochures, and workbooks)
- Practice parameter for the assessment and treatment of children and adolescents with schizophrenia (article)
- Information for providers (SAMHSA resource on the National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors website)
RecoveryLibrary is an online resource for those who want to pursue recovery and wellness, and for those who want to help others achieve it. RecoveryLibrary is offered free of charge as part of the Early Psychosis Initiative.
RecoveryLibrary addresses a variety of mental health, wellness, and addiction recovery topics. Under the leadership of Patricia E. Deegan, PhD, the library was designed to bring the hope, tools, and inspiration for recovery to all.
It features thousands of multimedia resources designed to enhance client engagement and support client choice in treatment. RecoveryLibrary is optimized to work on computers and tablets.
All of our resources are reviewed and vetted by our team and are free of advertising.
Read more and find out how your agency can benefit from the many resources offered through RecoveryLibrary.
How do we use RecoveryLibrary?
Providers use RecoveryLibrary to access helpful resources on-demand, in real-time. For example, in a community-based program, agency staff might access RecoveryLibrary while in the field via an iPad.
RecoveryLibrary enables staff and clients to, for example: watch a video, complete a worksheet, or use a card together. In an inpatient program setting, RecoveryLibrary might be used to create topical curricula for groups or to support a specific need during a one-on-one session.
How do we sign up?
- Identifying a point of contact within your agency. This person will:
- Manage their agency’s RecoveryLibrary membership.
- Identify key agency staff who will benefit from an account.
- Enroll these key staff in RecoveryLibrary.
- Encourage staff to sign-up for the quarterly RecoveryLibrary webinar for members of an organization, so they can make the most of their membership.
- Send the information below to: email@example.com.
- Agency name
- RecoveryLibrary managers name
- Manager’s email address
- Managers job title