Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about your customer service options.
Become a behavioral health provider
Apple Health behavioral health fee-for-service (FFS) program
To provide lower level outpatient mental health and drug and alcohol treatment services
Visit our provider enrollment webpages or call 1-800-562-3022 (ext. 16137).
To provide all other mental health services
You must be affiliated with a community mental health agency (CMHA).
Important: Effective July 1, 2018, licensing and certification of behavioral health agencies and the Directory of Certified Behavioral Health Services moves to the Department of Health (DOH). Please visit the DOH behavioral health agencies page for more information.
- To help make this program a success, HCA is asking mental health and substance use disorder treatment providers to participate in the Apple Health FFS program. Only DOH licensed and certified providers are eligible to apply to be an Apple Health behavioral health FFS provider. You do not need to be a behavioral health organization (BHO) provider to be a FFS provider.
- Once you have indicated your interest in participating, we will provide you with more information and technical assistance to help you become an Apple Health behavioral health FFS provider. This will include:
- Enrolling with HCA as a billing provider, including signing the Core Provider Agreement; and
- Ensuring the DOH Agency Licensing and Certification System (ALCS) database lists the most current administrator; and
- Registering with DBHR through the Provider Entry Portal. Providers will submit client data for these clients to the Behavioral Health Data Store through this portal.
- In order to continue to provide services and receive reimbursement for your current Apple Health (Medicaid) AI/AN clients, or if you are interested in participating as a FFS provider, contact DBHR at FFSQuestions@hca.wa.gov.
Apple Health managed care program
To provide care for a client enrolled in managed care, providers are required to contract with the client’s health plan. Contact our contracted health plans.