Related laws and rules
Your role with wellness ethics
As a wellness coordinator, you must make sure not to break ethics rules. Start by using the resources below along with checking your organization’s own policies. However, you will not find an ethics ruling for every situation involving your wellness program.
Wellness laws and rules
- RCW 42.52.160: Use of persons, money, or property for private gain.
- WAC 292-110-010: Use of state resources.
Wellness advisory opinions
The Washington State Executive Ethics Board published the following advisory opinions related to wellness:
- AO 96-03: De Minimis Use of State Resources
- AO 08-01: Authorizing Wellness Organizations to Sell Products
- AO 10-01: Use of resources for wellness program
Can I see some examples?
See Wellness Ethics and Best Practices FAQ for answers to some common questions you might run into when coordinating your wellness program.
Need more help?
Contact the Washington State Executive Ethics Board if you have a wellness ethics question not answered here.