Governor Jay Inslee’s Executive Order 13-06 (Section 2b) directs the Health Care Authority to implement diabetes prevention. Washington Wellness is also a key member of the Diabetes Network Leadership Team (DNLT) where we collaborate with statewide partners to develop strategies that align with the goals and mission of the participating organizations.
This is why we need your help promoting diabetes prevention.
The Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) powered by Omada is a digital lifestyle program available at no cost to eligible PEBB members. This program can help you:
- Improve your health.
- Feel better and more energetic.
- Develop long-term healthy habits
Clinical research shows these lifestyle changes can reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by almost 60 percent.
What is DPP?
- Professional health coach
- Wireless smart scale
- Supportive peer group and more
What is prediabetes?
Prediabetes is a serious health condition where blood sugar levels are higher than normal. About 84 million American adults — more than 1 out of 3 — have prediabetes. Of those with prediabetes, 90% do not know they have it.
Go to PEBB Diabetes prevention to find out who is eligible and more.
Use the toolkit below to promote DPP.
- Staff support
Help your staff, wellness team, and others learn more about PEBB Diabetes prevention.
- Desk drop (prints four per page so you can cut and pass out)
- Digital sign (great for a TV)
- Diabetes Prevention Program powered by Omada website (includes two videos, program details, and more)