In June 2023, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) approved Washington State's request to renew our Medicaid Transformation Project (MTP). We call the renewal "MTP 2.0."
Want to receive information about MTP 2.0?
CMS approves MTP 2.0
On June 30, 2023, CMS renewed MTP for an additional five years, beginning on July 1, 2023. By renewing MTP, our state can continue to develop innovative projects, activities, and services that improve Apple Health (Medicaid). In our renewal application, we proposed multiple changes to our existing MTP programs and proposed new ones. CMS approved most of these changes.
- MTP 2.0 waiver renewal application (full application) | acronym glossary
- Appendix A: health-related services (HRS) menu
- Appendix B: budget neutrality
- Appendix C: interim evaluation findings report
- Appendix D: external quality review organization (EQRO) reports
- Appendix E: Washington State Register notice
- Appendix F: full public notice
- Appendix G: Dear Tribal Leader Letter
- Appendix H: summary of public notice and Tribal Consultation
- MTP renewal executive summary, which also serves as Appendix F
*IMD stands for institution for mental diseases. IMDs are defined as hospitals, nursing facilities, or other institutions with more than 16 beds that primarily provide diagnosis, treatment, or care of persons with mental illnesses. This includes medical attention, nursing care, and related services.
We acknowledge the term “mental disease” may be harmful or stigmatizing. We use it in this context only to reflect the legal terminology used in statute.