PEB Board considers non-Medicare premiums
On July 14, 2022, the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEB Board) met virtually. The meeting was open to the public via Zoom.
Highlights are listed below. See the briefing book for all presentation materials.
The Board approved the following resolution:
- 2022-14: UMP Accumulators: Beginning January 1, 2023, when a subscriber enrolled in a SEBB Program Uniform Medical Plan changes their enrollment to a PEBB Program Uniform Medical Plan during the plan year (excluding Open Enrollment), accumulated deductibles and out-of-pocket maximum expenses (medical and pharmacy) will transfer.
HCA staff proposed the following resolutions for a Board vote at the July 20 meeting:
- 2022-17: KPNW Non-Medicare Premium: The PEB Board endorses the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Northwest employee and non-Medicare retiree premiums.
- 2022-18: KPWA Non-Medicare Premium: The PEB Board endorses the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington employee and non-Medicare retiree premiums.
- 2022-19: UMP Non-Medicare Premium: The PEB Board endorses the Uniform Medical Plan (UMP) employee and non-Medicare retiree premiums.
HCA staff provided the following presentations for discussion:
- 2023 PEBB non-Medicare rates overview
- Medicare portfolio comparisons
- Medicare clinical insights
The next public meeting of the PEB Board is scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. on July 20. Board members and the public may attend virtually via Zoom. The agenda and a link for the virtual meeting will be posted on the PEB Board Meetings and materials webpage a few days before the meeting. A call-in number for the meeting will be included in the agenda. To receive board information by email a few days before each meeting and a summary of the meeting afterwards, sign up at our GovDelivery email page.