Initiative 3: supportive housing and supported employment
Foundational Community Supports (FCS) is also referred to as Initiative 3 of the Healthier Washington Medicaid Transformation. FCS helps our most vulnerable beneficiaries get and keep stable housing and employment, in support of their broader health needs.
Services are now available for those who qualify. To learn more, please contact Amerigroup at FCSTPA@Amerigroup.com, 1-844-451-2828, or online:
- Amerigroup Foundational Community Supports provider website
- Amerigroup Foundational Community Supports client website
What services are included?
Services that help individuals get and keep community housing, including:
- Community Support Services (CSS): wrap-around supports that assess housing needs, identify appropriate resources, and develop the independent living skills necessary to remain in stable housing.
Supportive housing does not pay for rent or other room- and board-related costs.
Funding is available through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), for organizations who are working on projects that allow transition from homelessness.
Services that help individuals with barriers to employment get and keep a job, including:
- Employment assessments.
- Assistance with applications, community resources and employer outreach.
- Education, training and coaching necessary to maintain employment.
Supported employment does not pay for wages or wage enhancements.