Initiative 1: transformation through ACHs
Initiative 1 will build incentives for providers who are committed to changing how we deliver care. Each region, through its Accountable Community of Health (ACH), will be able to pursue projects aimed at transforming the Medicaid delivery system to serve the whole person and use resources more wisely.
On this page
Announcement: All nine Accountable Communities of Health (ACH) have achieved a critical milestone in the Medicaid Transformation Project Demonstration – Phase 1 Certification. Read announcement.
Phase l and Phase 2 documents can be found on the Medicaid transformation resources page.
Each region, through its Accountable Community off Health (ACH), will be able to pursue transformation projects aimed at:
- Health systems capacity building—workforce development; system infrastructure technology and tools; and system supports to assist providers in adopting value-based purchasing and payment.
- Care delivery redesign—integrated delivery of physical and behavioral health services; care focused on specific populations; alignment of care coordination and case management to serve the whole person; and outreach, engagement, and recovery supports.
- Prevention and health promotion—prevention activities for targeted populations and regions.
ACHs need data and information about the people in each region to:
- Conduct regional health assessments
- Engage in planning for health improvement
- Measure health outcomes
The dashboard supports the need for ACHs to have actionable data on population health and social determinants of health. To view the dashboard, or other data resources, please visit the AIM webpage.
The toolkit provides details about the projects that will be eligible for funding under Initiative 1 of the Medicaid Transformation demonstration. These projects will help transform the Medicaid delivery system to serve the whole person and use resources more wisely. The project toolkit was developed with state and regional health priorities in mind. Watch our video on the project toolkit.