Initiative 1: transformation through ACHs
Initiative 1 provides incentives for providers who are committed to changing how we deliver care. Each region, through its Accountable Community of Health (ACH), will be able to pursue projects aimed at transforming the Medicaid delivery system to serve the whole person and use resources more wisely.
On this page
Each region, through its ACH, is pursuing transformation projects to:
- Build health systems capacity by addressing regional workforce needs, enhancing technology and tools, and assisting providers to adopt value-based strategies
- Redesign care delivery to:
- Provide integrated physical & behavioral health services
- Strategically focus care for specific populations
- Coordinate care and case management to serve the whole person
- Support outreach, engagement, and recovery
- Promote prevention by targeting specific activities to specific populations and regions
ACHs need data and information about the people in each region to:
- Conduct regional health assessments
- Engage in planning for health improvement
- Measure health outcomes
The dashboard provides ACHs with actionable data on population health and social determinants of health. To view the data dashboard, or other data resources, please visit the ARM webpage.
The toolkit provides details about the projects that will be eligible for funding under Initiative 1 of the Medicaid Transformation. The project toolkit was developed with state and regional health priorities in mind. Watch our video on the project toolkit.