Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about your customer service options.
Resources, trainings, and reports
Resources, training opportunities and reports that are shared at work group and sub-group meetings are posted on this page.
The Washington State Mental Health Referral Service for children and teens
Washington’s Mental Health Referral Service for Children and Teens connects patients and families with evidence-supported outpatient mental health services in their community. This free, telephone-based referral service provides mental health referrals for children and teens 17 and younger throughout Washington.
Families can call 833-303-5437, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time, to connect with a referral specialist.
- We will ask for information including mental health needs, location and health insurance plan.
Pediatric mental health toolkit for hospitals
Critical Crossroads: Pediatric Mental Health Care in the Emergency Department toolkit provides resources, literature references and tools hospitals can use to improve the identification and management of children and adolescents who present to the emergency department with a mental health crisis.
The toolkit also contains a template designed to help hospitals establish a customized care pathway, with special acknowledgment given to the unique challenges that face rural communities.
Washington state behavioral health forecast and resources
The Department of Health provides monthly updates on its behavioral health forecast.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) grants
Learn about grant opportunities and how to apply on SAMSHA’s website.
Northwest PANDA/PANS Network
This network raises awareness about PANDAS/PANS and supports children who are diagnosed with it and their families.
School-based behavioral health and suicide prevention
- Youth suicide prevention, intervention, and postvention (OSPI, 2021)
- Tips to Help Parents Reinforce Positive Behaviors at Home (PAVE, 2020)
- Suicide Prevention protocol (Northeast Educational Service District 101, 2020)
- Children's Regional Behavioral Health Pilot Program (Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction, January 2020)
- Rights of Youth and Young Adults in Residential Programs (Office of Homeless Youth (January 2020)
- Partnership Access Line (PAL) funding recommendations (December 2019)
- Access to Behavioral Health Services for Children (December 2019)
- Expansion of trauma-informed child care in Washington State (Department of Children, Youth and Families, March 2019)
- 2019 Budget Brief: Expand Access to Outpatient Mental Health Services (Washington State Hospital Association) (January 2019)
- A Way Home Report: From Inpatient Treatment to Homelessness (December 2018)
- Partnership access line (PAL) plus program (Health Care Authority, December 2018)