As of Wednesday, March 18, HCA’s lobby will be closed. In-person customer services for Apple Health and the PEBB and SEBB Programs will not be available. Learn more.
Cross System Initiatives Team
The Cross System Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) tasks Health Care Authority (HCA) and Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) administrators with developing a system of care (SOC) for children with intensive needs covered by Medicaid. The SOC is to provide culturally responsive services and support that are individualized, flexible, and coordinated to meet the needs of the child and family, in the family home or community.
Who has signed the MOU?
The team is a working partnership between the following groups:
- Behavioral Health Administration
- Juvenile Justice and Rehabilitation
- Children’s Administration
- Developmental Disabilities Administration
- Aging and Long-Term Support Administration
- The Health Care Authority (HCA)
What guides the team?
All participants on the team agree to follow the Washington State Children's Behavioral Health Principles in this work:
- Family and youth voice and choice
- Natural supports
- Home and community-based
- Culturally relevant