Apple Health dental moving to managed care
Find information about the move of dental to Apple Health Managed Care in January 2019.
SSB 5883 passed during the 2017 legislative session, which requires the Health Care Authority to contract through the competitive procurement process with licensed dental health plans or managed health care plans to provide carved-out managed dental care services.
The goal is to implement a statewide managed care dental program by January 1, 2019.
The Health Care Authority (HCA) is partnering with the Washington State Dental Association, managed care organizations and other interested parties with the goal of increasing access to dental health services and better health.
Timeline of events
- Legislation passed: June 30, 2017
- Informational public meeting: September 6, 2017
- Informational public meeting: February 12, 2018
- Request for proposal (RFP) released: May 3, 2018
- Plan bids due to HCA: June 29, 2018
- HCA announces plan selections: August 6, 2018
- “Go live”: January 1, 2019
Frequently asked questions
HCA will provide a list of Medicaid dental providers after the information meeting held on February 12, 2018. The list will be posted on this webpage.
HCA will announce plan selections no later than 8/6/18.