On this page
Your UMP Classic medical deductible is $250 per person every calendar year (with a maximum of $750 for a family of three or more). For most covered medical services, you pay toward the deductible before the plan begins to pay. Learn more, including how the deductible works for families, at UMP Classic: How does the medical deductible work?
For these services, you don’t have to pay your medical deductible before the plan begins to pay:
- Preventive care and immunizations (includes well-baby care and screening mammograms).
- Routine vision care (exams, glasses, and contacts).
- Routine hearing care (exams and hearing aids).
- Select contraceptive supplies and services.
- Certain products available from network pharmacies.
- Tobacco cessation services.
- Diabetes Prevention Program.
- Required second opinions.
Your UMP Classic prescription drug deductible is $100 per person every calendar year. Learn more about your drug coverage.
You don't pay any deductible for Value Tier or Tier 1 drugs. For Tier 2 and Tier 3 drugs, you must pay your prescription drug deductible before the plan begins to pay–no matter where you purchase your prescriptions.
Show your UMP member ID card each time you see a provider or fill a prescription. Pharmacies and providers need this information to charge you the right amount and bill your plan correctly.