Getting started

To find out how you can appeal a decision, first find the group you belong to (Group 1, 2, or 3) from the list below and go to that page.

Group 1

Go to Group 1 if you are a state agency or higher-education employee (or the dependent of one).

Group 2

Go to Group 2 if you are an employee (or the dependent of one) of:

  • A county
  • A municipality
  • A political subdivision
  • A tribal government
  • A school district
  • An educational service district
  • The Washington Health Benefits Exchange
  • An employee organization representing state civil service employees

Group 3

Go to Group 3 if you are:
  • An applicant for PEBB benefits.
  • A retiree or enrolled as a COBRA, or Leave Without Pay (LWOP) subscriber.
  • A survivor of a deceased employee or retiree as described in Washington Administrative Code (WAC) 182-12-265.
  • A survivor of emergency service personnel killed in the line of duty as described in WAC 182-12-250.
  • The dependent of one of the above.

How can I appeal a decision made by a plan?

If you are seeking a review of a decision by a PEBB health plan, insurance carrier, or benefit administrator, contact the plan.