¿Qué es la Tarjeta de Descuento de WPDP?
What is it?
Who is eligible to join Washington Prescription Drug Program?
- Washington State residents
- No age or income restrictions
- Each person must enroll individually
Who can benefit from the Washington Prescription Drug Program discount card?
- Washington State residents
- People who have a high-deductible health plan such as a Health Savings Account may be able to use the Washington Prescription Drug Program discount card when paying down the deductible (check with your Health Savings Account plan for details)
- People who have no insurance coverage
- People who have medical coverage but no prescription drug benefit
- People who have prescription drug coverage, but it does not cover the drug they need
How much does it cost?
- The Washington Prescription Drug Program is FREE
- No annual fee and no hidden costs
How do I enroll in the program?
- There are 3 ways to enroll in the program:
- Call the toll-free number 1-800-913-4146
- Mail in a postage-paid, self-addressed enrollment form
- FREE Bulk Washington Prescription Drug Program enrollment forms can be ordered by agencies
- Washington Prescription Drug Program enrollment forms come in eight different languages including: Chinese, English, Korean, Punjabi, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, and Vietnamese
Is it easy to enroll?
Yes! There are just six questions to answer:
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- How did you hear about the program?
How long will it take to get the discount card once enrolled?
- You will receive the I.D. card within two weeks after Washington Prescription Drug Program receives your enrollment form
- If you need to use the discount card urgently and you have not received it yet, you can call customer service at 1-800-913-4311 for a temporary I.D. number and billing information for the pharmacy
What are the savings?
- Members of the Washington Prescription Drug Program can receive discounts up to 60% on generic drugs and up to 20% on brand name drugs
- Members can look up discount cost:
- Go to Drug Prices
- Enter the drug name
- Select dosage
- The retail and mail order prices shown are the prices you will pay
- To change the retail pharmacy to one near you: click on "Change", enter your address or zip code, select your desired pharmacy, your pharmacy will be added to the price list
What drugs are covered under the Washington Prescription Drug Program?
- All prescription drugs are eligible for a discount
- There is no formulary restrictions or preferred drug list
What pharmacies accept the Washington Prescription Drug Program Discount Card?
- There are over 1,100 + retail pharmacies in Washington that accept the Washington Prescription Drug Program Discount Card
- To find a participating pharmacy in your area:
- Go to Pharmacy Locator
- Enter your address or zip code
- A list of participating pharmacies in your area are shown
- You can search by address, city, zip code or pharmacy name
- If you do not live near a participating pharmacy, you can use the mail order service through Postal Prescription Services with FREE shipping for Washington Prescription Drug Program members
- Contact Postal Prescription Services at 1-800-552-6694
- Biologics and injectable drugs are available through Diplomat at 1-877-534-7566
Can I use the discount card with my pharmacy benefit through my employer?
- If you have a pharmacy benefit plan through your employer you may be able to use the Washington Prescription Drug Program discount card on prescription drugs that are not covered under your plan (check with your plan for details)
- The Washington Prescription Drug Program discount card does not cover any out of pocket co-pays from your insurance plan
Questions about the Washington Prescription Drug Program discount card?
Call Moda Health, the administrator of the Washington Prescription Drug Program, toll free: 1-800-913-4311
Pharmacies wanting to participate in the Washington Prescription Drug Program can call: 1-800-788-2949