Washington apple health -- General eligibility requirements.
Effective October 1, 2013.
(1) Persons applying for Washington apple health (WAH) programs established under chapter 74.09 RCW must meet the eligibility criteria in chapters 182-500 through 182-527 WAC.
(2) Persons applying for WAH are considered first for federally funded or federally matched programs. State-funded programs are considered after the person is determined ineligible for federally funded and federally matched programs.
(3) Unless otherwise specified in a program specific WAC, the eligibility criteria for each WAH program are as follows:
(a) Age and identity (WAC 182-503-0050);
(b) Residence in Washington state (WAC 182-503-0520 and 182-503-0525);
(c) Citizenship or immigration status in the United States (WAC 182-503-0535);
(d) Possession of a valid Social Security account number (WAC 182-503-0515);
(e) Assignment of medical support rights to the state of Washington (WAC 182-503-0540);
(f) Application for medicare and enrollment into medicare's prescription drug program if:
(i) It is likely that the person is entitled to medicare; and
(ii) The state has authority to pay medicare cost sharing as described in chapter 182-517 WAC.
(g) For persons whose eligibility is not on the basis of modified adjusted gross income (MAGI) methodology, countable resources must be within specific program limits (chapters 182-512, 182-513, 182-515, 182-517, and 182-519 WAC); and
(h) Countable income within program limits:
(i) For MAGI-based WAH programs, see WAC 182-505-0100;
(ii) For the WAH refugee program, see WAC 182-507-0110;
(iii) For the WAH medical care services program, see WAC 182-508-0150;
(iv) For WAH for workers with disabilities (HWD), see WAC 182-511-0060;
(v) For the WAH SSI-related program, see WAC 182-512-0010;
(vi) For WAH long-term care programs, see WAC 182-513-1300 and 182-515-1500;
(vii) For WAH medicare savings programs, see WAC 182-517-0100; and
(viii) For the WAH medically needy program, see WAC 182-519-0050.
(4) In addition to the general eligibility requirements in subsection (3) of this section, each program has specific eligibility requirements as described in applicable WAC.
(5) Persons in a public institution, including a correctional facility, are not eligible for WAH programs, except in the following situations:
(a) The person is under age twenty or over age sixty-five and is a patient in an institution for mental disease (see WAC 182-513-1315(13)); or
(b) The person receives inpatient hospital services outside of the public institution or correctional facility.
(6) Persons terminated from SSI or who lose eligibility for categorically needy (CN) coverage have their CN coverage continued while their eligibility for other health care programs is redetermined. See WAC 182-504-0125.