Washington apple health -- Eligibility for pregnant women.
Effective October 1, 2013.
(1) A pregnant woman is eligible for the Washington apple health (WAH) for pregnant women program if she:
(a) Meets citizenship or immigration status under WAC 182-503-0535;
(b) Meets Social Security number requirements under WAC 182-503-0115;
(c) Meets Washington state residency requirements under WAC 182-503-0520 and 182-503-0525; and
(d) Has countable income at or below the limit described in:
(i) WAC 182-505-0100to be eligible for categorically needy (CN) coverage; or
(ii) WAC 182-505-0100 to be eligible for medically needy (MN) coverage. MN coverage begins when the pregnant woman meets any required spenddown liability as described in WAC 182-519-0100.
(2) A noncitizen pregnant woman who does not need to meet the requirements in subsection (1)(a) or (b) of this section to be eligible for WAH and receives either CN or MN coverage based upon her countable income as described in subsection (1)(d) of this section.
(3) The assignment of medical support rights as described in WAC 182-503-0540 does not apply to pregnant women.
(4) A woman who was eligible for and received coverage under any WAH program on the last day of pregnancy is eligible for extended medical coverage for postpartum care for a minimum of sixty days from the end of her pregnancy. This includes women who meet an MN spenddown liability with expenses incurred no later than the date the pregnancy ends. This extension continues through the end of the month in which the sixtieth day falls.
(5) All women approved for WAH pregnancy coverage at any time are eligible for family planning services for twelve months after the pregnancy ends.