News - Clinical Data Repository and HealthIT in Washington State
During early January 2016 providers who are contracted with one or more of the five managed care organizations to care for Apple Health enrollees assigned to managed care received a FAX/letter from their MCO(s) with a letter from HCA.
The text of the “Provider Requirement Letter
" announced the upcoming implementation of an HCA clinical data repository during 2016, with provider participation required by those providers who meet all three of the following criteria:
- Is your organization part of a Managed Care Organization, providing care for Apple Health enrollees assigned to managed care?
- Does your organization/clinic have an Electronic Health Record (EHR) system? (instead of paper records)
- If you answered yes to question #2, does this EHR have 2014 certification (as determined by the Office of the National Coordinator)?
- For assistance in answering these questions, please use the Decision Tree.
If you are required, or if you are interested in joining in these efforts please visit Register with the HIE and begin readiness process for the CDR.
A one hour recorded message from HCA Leadership (Dorothy Teeter, MaryAnne Lindeblad, Nathan Johnson and Dr. Charissa Fotinos) about the CDR that will help you understand:
- What is Washington State’s HealthIT Five Year Plan as it relates to the Clinical Data Repository and increasing the electronic sharing of clinical records between authorized providers across the state
- Why was this developed and why at this time
- Who benefits from the information included in this CDR
- Why is this presented as a clinically-based effort and not just as an Information technology (IT) effort?
WALink4Health Vendor Familiarization Presentation
With the HCA announcing the provider participation requirement in the upcoming implementation of the HCA clinical data repository, the recorded webinar is available for Electronic Health Record vendors to provide more information in support of the provider requirement.
February 12, 2016 - Evergreen Health System – CDR/EHR Conversation
February 12, 2016 - University of Washington Medicine – CDR/EHR Conversation
February 2016 - Upcoming Washington State Hospital Association Webinar – CDR/EHR conversation, including the Statewide HIE (Health Information Exchange)