Public school districts
Public Schools are eligible for partial reimbursement for the time their staff spend performing Medicaid administrative activities.
Eligible activities include:
- Assisting individuals in applying for or renewing Medicaid.
- Providing information or explaining about the Medicaid program and covered services.
- Assisting individuals in accessing Medicaid covered services.
School District staff participate in a quarterly Random Moment Time Study to determine the amount of time they spend performing Medicaid administrative activities. The University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS) operates the web-based time study. UMMS is available to provide system related technical assistance as needed.
The Health Care Authority manages the Public School District Medicaid Administrative Claiming Program and is responsible for oversight and monitoring of the program. The Health Care Authority is available to provide program assistance as needed.
- WA Schools MAC Claiming Designee Form
- Calendar Guide
- CPE local match certification
- Participant quick reference guide
- System requirements
- Participant management guide
HCA program specialists
Email: Laura Pierpoint
Email: Kevin Curry
Medicaid Administrative Claiming
PO Box 45530
Olympia, WA 98504-5530
University of Massachusetts Medical School
Center for Health Care financing
33 South Street
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
Phone: 1-800-535-6741 option 6