On this page
Most Apple Health Medicaid clients are covered through "managed care.” Managed care is a prepaid, comprehensive system of medical and health care delivery. It includes preventive, primary, specialty and ancillary health services.
The term "managed care" is used to describe a variety of techniques intended to:
- Reduce the cost of providing health benefits.
- Improve the quality of care.
- Deliver health care organized around managed care techniques and concepts.
The Health Care Authority (HCA) implemented changes to the Apple Health managed care program in April 2016. Learn more about these changes.
To provide care for a client enrolled in managed care, providers are required to contract with the client’s health plan.
- Apple Health managed care
- Apple Health for Kids
- Fully Integrated Managed Care
- Apple Health Foster Care
Successful Apple Health applicants can now choose a health plan immediately upon receiving benefits. See more information about Medicaid plan selection