On this page
A health home is not a place. It is a set of services that support eligible clients, including help finding and getting long-term services.
The purpose of the Health Home program is to:
- Improve health and self-management of conditions.
- Provide transition and personalized care to help.
- Manage the progress of chronic disease.
The Health Home program provides the following services beyond the clinical services offered by a typical provider.
- Comprehensive care management
- Care coordination
- Health promotion
- Transitional planning and follow-up
- Individual and family support
- Referral to relevant community and social support services
Apple Health clients of all ages, including Medicaid/Medicare dual eligible clients, may be eligible for the Health Home program if they:
- Have at least one chronic condition.
- Meet other criteria, including have a future medical cost risk score of 1.5.
The Health Care Authority (HCA) contracts with "lead" organizations. These lead organizations include:
- Managed care organizations
- Community based organizations
The lead organizations contract with care coordination organizations (CCOs) of which may include:
- Area agencies on aging.
- Chemical dependency providers.
- Child social service agencies.
- Community health centers.
- HIV/AIDs networks.
- Mental health clinics.
The CCO's provide health home services through care coordinators.
Care coordinators assist clients in:
- Identifying and meeting client-focus goals.
- Coordinating medical care.
- Organizing long-term services and supports.
- Connecting with behavioral health providers as appropriate.
Washington offers the Health Home program in all counties except King and Snohomish.
If you are a health care organization interested in participating in the Health Home program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about what is required.
- Measurement, Monitoring, and Evaluation of the Financial Alignment Initiative for Medicare-Medicaid Enrollees (January 4, 2016)
Preliminary findings from the Washington MFFS demonstration.
- Report on Early Implementation of Demonstrations under the Financial Alignment Initiative (October 15, 2015)