How we work
How is Washington transforming health care?
Washington is a leader in health care transformation with innovative efforts happening at local, regional, and state levels by private and public health care organizations across the state. The plan for a healthier Washington seeks to build on these successful efforts, as well as build on the collaborative efforts that made the innovations possible.
Washington's state agencies are working together with the public and private sectors to transform how we pay for health care and how care is delivered. The 11 participating state agencies include:
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Early Learning
- Department of Health (DOH)
- Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS)
- Governor's Health Policy Office
- Health Care Authority (HCA)
- Office of Financial Management
- Office of the Insurance Commissioner
- Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction
- State Board of Community and Technical College