Analytics, Interoperability, and Measurement (AIM)
Data is essential to achieving the Triple Aim of better health, better care, and lower costs. Good data drives better quality and consistency of care. It helps us assess whether and how our strategies for health care improvement are working. Data + Analytics = Information.
Analytics, Interoperability, and Measurement (AIM), stands for: analytic tools, interoperable systems, and standardized measurement strategies. AIM is a strategy to:
- Work collaboratively across state agencies and public and private sector partners to break down data-related silos.
- Address long-term needs for health data management solutions, services and tools.
- Serve as a key tool to implement population health improvement strategies around Washington.
Our goals include:
- Developing capabilities to gather and analyze data.
- Providing technical assistance to support community population health management and local public health needs.
- Creating the capability across state agencies to share analytics so we can help improve population health.
- Making data available so we can make smart changes in the health system and move to paying for value not volume.