Electronic Health Records
On this page you will find webinars, white papers, tip sheets, and websites to help you understand the EHR program and to keep you updated on new developments and progress. If you have questions that aren't answered by these resources please submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On this page
On November 14, 2016, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) issued a final rule which allows Eligible Professionals to use 90-day spans for all meaningful use (MU) attestations for program year 2016.
For MU years 2 through 6 you have the option of reporting using a 365-day reporting period, or a 90-day reporting period. Due to system updates required to accommodate these changes those providers wishing to attest with a 90-day reporting period will not be able to do so until mid-Spring. HCA will send a notification when the system has been updated to accept MU year 2 and beyond 90-day attestations. At that time HCA will extend the deadline to attest (MU year 2 through 5 ONLY) by 60 days per CMS requirements. For example, if the system opens allowing the 90-day MU attestations on 5/5/17, providers will have until 7/4/17 to attest.
For adopt, implement, or upgrade (AIU), meaningful use year 1, the deadline to attest is 2/28/2017.
- Tribal/IHS/Urban EHR Incentive Program Attestation
- Selecting your payee NPI: getting paid correctly
- EHR AIU and MU documentation checklist
- Dental MU attestations - Easier than you think
- WA EHR Incentive Payments: AIU and MU Documentation
- 2014 ONC Certification Number Identification
- EP AIU and MU eMIPP User Guide 2015-2016
- Getting paid correctly as a servicing provider in a group practice
- Patient Volume Worksheet
- Tribal Attestations
- Stage 2 vs. Stage 3 comparison tool
- AIU and MU Documentation Checklist
- CMS Final Rule Tipsheet 2015-2018
- SRA tools from WIREC
- ONC/CHPL website instructions
- How to add/remove servicing providers in ProviderOne
- White Paper No. 1 (2015-2016) - Patient Volume Calculations
- White Paper No. 2 (2015) - AIU (Adopt, Implement, Upgrade) Process to Begin the Incentive Payments
- White Paper No. 3 (2015-2016) - Payment Reassignment
- White Paper No. 4 (2015-2016) - EHR Appeal Process
- White Paper No. 5 (2015-2016) - Hospital Patient Volume Calculations
- White Paper No. 6 (2015-2016) - Hospital Payment Calculations
- White Paper No. 7 (2015-2016) - Special Issues for EPs at FQHCs and RHCs
- White Paper No. 8 (2015-2016) - EP Patient Volume Encounter Reports
- White Paper No. 9 (2015-2016) - Documentation
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and Office of the National Coordinator (ONC)
These websites provide educational resources to assist you with your application and ongoing participation in the incentive program.
The CMS instructions and tip sheets for the EHR incentive program are grouped by topic and can be reached by going to:
EHR Medicaid Incentive Payment Program
This CMS web page provides incentive payments for eligible healthcare providers to use EHR technology in ways that can positively impact patient care.
If you are an Apple Health (Medicaid) provider who is interested in details of the EHR Medicaid Incentive Payment Program, please go to the program guidelines written by CMS.
This website provides a step-by-step guide for implementing an EHR.
Certified HealthIT Product List
This website provides a list of ONC certified EHR systems to assist you in your search for a vendor and product.