Health Information Technology
The Health Care Authority (HCA) is the Medicaid state agency in Washington, whose Health Information Technology unit leads our state’s efforts to improve the health of our citizens through multiple federal and state projects. Learn how we lead the way on the effective sharing and use of electronic health information through three major projects:
- Electronic Health Records Federal Incentive Payment Program
- Washington Link4Health’s Statewide Clinical Data Repository
- Expansion of HITECH (Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act) Funding Opportunities in our state
How do I...
The Health Information Technology (HIT) program seeks to:
- Advance the adoption and meaningful uses of nationally certified electronic health record systems
- Advance statewide secure, efficient, and effective sharing and use of electronic health information across organizations and regions to:
- Improve health outcomes.
- Improve health care quality.
- Lower health care costs.
- Reduce duplication of treatments/tests.
- Advance care coordination across the health care industry.
- Move from paper records to electronic clinical records.
October 3-6, 10-13, 17-18, 2016
Provider and Staff Roadshow (hosted by OneHealthPort)
Yakima: September 20, 2016
Spokane: October 4, 2016
Seattle: October 11, 2016